Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grilling



We love to grill. We love the summer. Grill and summer just go together. Too bad it's almost over.

Grilled chicken, grilled burgers and dogs, grilled veggies, grilled kabobs, grilled steaks.

At our co-op that I was so excited about, it turns out that they sold too many shares, so the produce was very limited unless you got there RIGHT when they opened. And even then, I wasn't how much variety you'd get. They also found themselves in a pickle with other issues. Some friends have talked about just getting their money back. I would like to get a refund, seeing as though I only got 3 shares, but who knows. Anyways, there was an abundance of zucchini and pickling cucumbers in July. I mean, tons of them. One week when I went, I only got zucchini and a cucumber. 5 lbs of it.



Zucchini on the grill is WAY better tasting than steamed. In my opinion. Toss it in olive oil, sprinkle some good kosher or sea salt on it and throw it on the grill.



We eat a lot of chicken around here as well. It's versatile...and more economical than a good steak. When we grill chicken outside, we tend to go with the bone-in pieces because we have found that the bone and skin keeps the chicken moist. BBQ chicken on the grill. Yum. Might just have to go to the store to get a couple chicken breasts for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment