Thursday, September 9, 2010

Smoothie


I got on a smoothie kick this summer. It's so easy and refreshing. In Venezuela, "jugo" (juice) is served at all restaurants, and it's simply fruit blended and served. I loved the parchita (passion fruit), melon (cantaloupe), and fresa (strawberry). In Mexico, it's "aguas frescas" (fresh water) made from blended fruit. Love it!! I really like the agua de jamaica (hibiscus flowers) and horchata (rice and coconut).

Anyways, for my smoothies in Southwest Virginia, I usually throw in a ripe banana, some vanilla yogurt (eyeball it-between 1/2-1 cup), a few frozen strawberries (5-6), and some frozen blueberries (1/4-1/2 cup).

I'm intrigued by green smoothies. I haven't tried one yet. It sounds crazy to add spinach or kale to a fruity smoothie. But I have heard great things about them...

No comments:

Post a Comment