Friday, September 17, 2010

Potato Bundles



These are SO good. You have to try them! Full of flavor, tender chunks of baked potato with a creamy sauce. I find myself with staples in my kitchen such as potatoes. On any given weeknight, I find myself trying to piece together a meal and get it ready before I leave for class at 4 or 5pm, so Bryce and cook it when he gets home. I'll find a couple frozen chicken breasts, or hamburger meat to thaw, and then I see a bag of potatoes. Of course, you could do a baked potato, or mashed, but this is such a delicious twist on your regular potato. Plus, it doesn't have any irregular ingredients (that you wouldn't normally have sitting around) other than maybe the heavy cream.



I found this recipe on one of my fave food blogs, Pioneer Woman. You can find the recipe here.

Or here:

Potato Bundles
from Pioneer Woman)

Ingredients
6 whole Russet Potatoes
1/2 onion, diced
1 stick butter
1/2 cups heavy cream
Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
Paprika to taste
2 tbsp minced (or dried) parsley

Pile potatoes and onions on a square of foil. Add 2 tbsp of butter. Splash on cream. Then sprinkle on salt, paprika, and black pepper. Sprinkle parsley on top. Wrap bundles tightly and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until very tender.

Serve bundles right on the plate. Serves 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment